We promise confidence in each of our products, assuring all items are free from manufacturing defects for the entirety of their life. Should any manufacturing defect surface while in your possession, you may return it to us for a thorough inspection. After inspection, once it is confirmed and determined that your jewellery underwent a manufacturing defect, we will restore it to its original state or, if deemed appropriate, the item shall be replaced.
However, if the design is no longer in stock or has been discontinued, Diamond & Platinum may, at its discretion, replace the jewellery with another like-kind or provide a full refund equivalent to the selling price of the product in the form of store credit.
On the condition that we determine the damage held by the jewellery was not caused by a manufacturing defect, you will be notified with available repair services, alongside with its cost.
That being said, do bear in mind that slight irregularities and variations in craftsmanship or natural characteristics such as internal inclusions that may be visible or otherwise, in diamonds or coloured gemstones are one-of-a-kind and unique to each item. These quality attributes are deemed part of the character of the product and are not to be considered a defect.
Complimentary Cleaning and Inspection Services on Jewellery
It is strongly recommended to have your diamond jewellery polished and thoroughly inspected every three to six months or if it underwent any potential trauma that might compromise its state. Our inspections may help in the prevention of the loss of a stone and extend the life of your jewellery. Diamond & Platinum customers are entitled to cleaning and inspection services of their diamond jewellery at no cost.
Conditions and Exclusions
The aforementioned Manufacturer Warranty and Complimentary Services are readily available only to the individual who purchased the covered product from Diamond & Platinum. Services performed by other entities outside Diamond & Platinum which may include maintenance, repair, sizing or others will void your Manufacturer Warranty.
It is duly noted that fine jewellery is not impenetrable to normal wear, activities and everyday trauma. This is especially veritable for rings as our hands are regularly subjected to considerable amounts of daily exertions. As such, Diamond & Platinum does not provide warranties for damages caused by normal wear and loss of stone(s). With that said, any damage or loss incurred from failure to obtain imperative repairs to maintaining the integrity of the product will also not be covered.
A few examples of common jewellery issues faced that will not be considered as manufacturing defects include:
- Discolouration due to exposure to chemicals, swimming pool, make-up, hot tubs or bathing.
- Prongs or precious metals, in general, wear over time and may require restoration work as normal wear.
- Bent, caught or worn out prong(s) that allowed a stone to fall out or be lost due to normal wear or other damage.
- Lost stone or a stone has fallen out due to chipping or breaking caused by normal wear or other damage.
- Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original grading report. Any damage to the original diamond will disqualify the diamond from our upgrade program.
- The original diamond grading report (GIA/IGI/Sarine) must be returned in good condition. Fees may apply for any damaged or missing reports.
- New upgrade purchases are eligible for member’s discounts and the use of D-reward points.
Vouchers are not allowed.